- This event has passed.
Friday Night Build Club: How to Build and AR-15 Lower
February 25 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm$70.00
The purpose of this course is to provide attendees with the basics of AR-15 Lower Receiver assembly and functionality. Students will assemble their own lower during class under the guidance of an instructor, and gain familiarity with the nomenclature so that they have a better understanding of the AR-15 platform.
- Students need to have their stripped lower with them at the start of the class.
- Although instructors will be there to help, attendees need to be physically capable of handling and installing small parts.
What to bring:
- Your own lower receiver—just one! Must be the small platform AR-15 design (556/223) and 80% lowers are not allowed due to tolerance issues. If an attendee arrives with an 80% lower they will be asked to leave without refund.
- Standard mil-spec AR-15 lower parts kit
- Standard mil-spec buffer tube kit
- If an attendee’s lower requires proprietary parts, the student will need to bring those parts to class. Certain aftermarket lower parts will not be allowed because of different tools that might be needed to install. Please check with event coordinator prior to class, or come into Oregon Rifleworks and we will get you sorted out.
- Note-taking material (optional)